Dr. Faiza Ismail has joined LUMS as Assistant Professor-Tenure Track in the Shaikh Ahmed Hassan School of Law (SAHSOL).
Dr. Ismail obtained her Ph.D. in Business and Law from University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland in 2016. Her research examines legal and regulatory issues in the global Islamic finance industry, exploring Islamic finance case laws in the US, UK, and Pakistan. Her research suggests that the global Islamic finance industry needs a legal and regulatory framework to sustain current growth in the international financial markets. She completed her LLM from Trinity College Dublin in 2012 and Ph.D. from University College Dublin in 2016, respectively. Prior to joining LUMS, she was working with the Institute of Business Administration, Karachi as Research Consultant.
Her research interests include:
· Commercial Law
· International Finance Law
· Islamic Finance Law
2017 Travel Grant, Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
2015 UCD-Industrial Development Authority, Ireland -Matheson
2014 Islamic Development Bank, Saudi Arabia.
2013-15 Irish Research Council Scholarship.
2013-15 UCD-Matheson Islamic Finance Doctoral Award.
The award was created as a result of Dr. Ismail’s advocacy. She approached University College Dublin (UCD) and Matheson (a Dublin based law firm) to persuade them of the importance of research in the area of Islamic financing. On the basis of her funding proposal, the two entities funded her research on a 50:50 basis. Her research led to the organization of an international conference at UCD, Islamic Finance and Law Conference 2015, in addition to her doctoral thesis
1) “Islamic Finance in Europe – recent developments in Ireland” (2017) 38 (2) Company Lawyer 48-54.
2) “A Commentary on Islamic Finance case law in the US” (2015) 36 (4) Company Lawyer 123-128.
3) “Islamic Finance Eurozone Headquarter in Ireland – Is enough done to ensure the Middle East Investment streams through the International Financial Services Centre Ireland” (2013) 1 Commercial Law Practitioner 7-17.
4) “Guantanamo Bay – a human disaster as a consequence of disregard to International Laws” (2011) 1 European Law Student Association 109-140.
|Fall Semester 2018-19||Introduction to Pakistan Legal System||1801|
|Spring Semester 2017-18||International Finance Law||1702|
|Spring Semester 2017-18||Introduction to Legal Reasoning||1702|
|Fall Semester 2017-18||Introduction to Pakistan Legal System||1701|
|Spring Semester 2016-17||Islamic Jurisprudence||1602|