THE LUMS LAW ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
On February 25, 2017, alumni of the Shaikh Ahmad Hassan School of Law (SAHSOL) assembled at the Asifa Irfan Moot Court Room and formally resolved to launch the LUMS Law Alumni Association. Eight months after the law alumni reunion, the first Board of the LUMS Law Alumni Association gathered at the office of the Vice Chancellor of LUMS, Dr. Sohail Naqvi, on Wednesday, October 18, 2017. The inaugural Board members of the Association, namely Mr. Ehsanullah Shah, President (Class of 2009), Ms. Marva Khan, Vice President (Class of 2013), Ms. Angbeen Mirza, Treasurer (Class of 2008) and Mr. Umer Akram Chaudhry, Secretary (Class of 2008), signed the Charter of the LUMS Law Alumni Association on behalf of the Association, followed by the Vice Chancellor of LUMS, and the Patron of the Association, Dr. Martin Lau.
MISSION OF THE LLAA
In line with the other two LUMS alumni associations, namely the Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB) Alumni Association and the CSS Alumni Association, the Charter establishes the LUMS Law Alumni Association as an independent, self-governing body tasked with furthering the interests of the SAHSOL law program and its alumni by establishing closer contact between the program and its alumni, assisting in the recruitment of law students and promoting both the law program and the university’s interests. The Association also aims to facilitate personal and professional relationships between former and current students in the law program, keep the alumni informed of events, changes, and initiatives that affect the alumni and/or the program. All of this is with a view to continuously facilitate the personal and professional development of all program graduates.
You can view a copy of the Charter of the LUMS Law Alumni Association here.
- Mr. Ehsanullah Shah (B.A. LL.B’09) - President
- Ms. Marva Khan (B.A. LL.B’13) – Vice President
- Mr. Umer Akram Chaudhry (B.A. LL.B’08) – Secretary
- Ms. Angbeen Mirza, Treasurer (B.A. LL.B’08) - Treasurer
- Syed Umair Javed (B.A. LL.B’08) - President
- Hammad Saeed (B.A. LL.B’10) – Vice-President
- Hiba Akbar (B.A. LL.B’14) – Secretary
- Waleed bin Usman (B.A. LL.B’17) - Treasurer
- Umer Akram Chaudhry (B.A. LL.B ’08) - President Salman Ijaz (B.A. LL.B ’16) – Vice President
- Asghar Leghari (B.A. LL.B ’13) – General Secretary
- Nabeeha Siddiqui (B.A. LL.B ’19) - Treasurer
Anyone looking to get in touch with the currently serving board of the LLAA may email email@example.com, or message the LLAA on its Facebook page.