Applicants who have successfully completed FA/ICS/ICOM/FSc/A’ Levels/High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate (IB) are eligible to apply for admission if they fulfill one of the following academic qualifications:
- Successful completion of Matric (70% marks or above) & FA (65% marks or above)/FSc/ ICS/ICOM (70% marks or above)
- O’ Levels* results (in at least 6 subjects) with an average grade of at least ‘B’ in all subjects attempted; and A’ Levels in at least 3 principal subjects1 with at least 2 Bs and 1 C grade. No credit will be given for Advanced Subsidiary and General Paper.
- American High School Diploma (HSD) 70% or above/Grade point average of B or above
- International Baccalaureate (IB) at least 28 out of 45 points
- Combination of the above
- Any other equivalent qualification (minimum acceptable scores will be determined by the Admissions Committee)
If shortlisted for admission, applicants will be given a conditional offer. To join LUMS in Fall, applicants must subsequently meet all the stipulated conditions specified by the Admissions Committee by August 2017.
Candidates who have already completed their A' Levels (have taken the exam of minimum three A’ level principal subjects1) and do not meet the minimum grades requirement (specified in subsection 1) must improve their grades in order to be eligible for admission. A' Levels Exams are held in November and June. To be eligible for the admission in 2017, applicants must improve their A' Level grades in November 20162. Applicants planning to improve their grades by taking June 2017 exams are not eligible for the Fall 2017 session.
* Candidates who have either completed or are in the last year of completion of their education which does not lead to Matric/FA/ICS/ICOM/FSc. will be required to get an equivalence certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad, Pakistan. For further information, please visit the following link http://www.ibcc.edu.pk. Applicants who have applied for equivalence certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad, Pakistan and have not received the certificate before the application submission deadline should submit it as soon as they receive it.
1Principal subjects (Full credit courses. Details can be checked with the British Council)
2Applicants taking their A’ levels or AS level exam in November 2016 are required to submit the final result within three days of its announcement; however, they must provide this information through online application form and by submitting a copy of the “Statement of entry “along with all other supporting documents.